Please join us in October as we hold our annual sock drive to support Mary’s Place. The mission of Mary’s Place is to ensure that no child sleeps outside by centering equity and opportunity for women and families. Socks are highly needed and we are excited to collect socks to help children and families!
At Mary’s Place
- They provide a safe, warm place for families to come inside together each night
- They meet basic needs: shelter, food, showers, laundry, and clothing
- They provide tools and resources to search for housing and jobs and connect families with healthcare services
- They get children connected with their schools and provide transportation, school supplies, and age-appropriate after-school (and summer) activities and outings
- Families with medically fragile children receive additional support in a safe, caring environment within their Popsicle Place program
- They provide a safe, welcoming space at their Women's Day Center for women to get their basic needs met, connect with resources, and find community and hope
- Their mobile team connects with families living unsheltered throughout King County to meet their unique needs and barriers to quickly regain housing stability
- They support families on the verge of homelessness through rental assistance and other supports they may need to stay safely housed
We are grateful for all of you who have participated in the past and invite you to become our sock partners for Mary’s Place in our next drive that will take place in October!