Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 60-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to improve the ability to assess your needs, we will obtain diagnostic records including radiographs and photos at your first visit. If radiographs are available through your dentist, we will request these prior to your appointment to minimize the number of radiographs needed.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
We will discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. At times, it is necessary to obtain additional diagnostic records in order to better plan your care and answer your questions. In-depth planning and coordination of care with your other dental health care providers is an important aspect in providing superior results and higher satisfaction with your care. A second consultation would then be arranged to go over your treatment and further answer any questions you may have.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any radiographs taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
We believe that good orthodontic care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, any alternative treatments, and any symptoms present that may require further treatment. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal – helping you achieve a beautiful, confident smile!