Dr. Diane Doppel
Through her own experiences as an orthodontic patient, Dr. Doppel became interested in helping others achieve a healthy, beautiful smile. She completed high school early and began her college education at the age of 16. She graduated from Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio with her Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences. She then went on to the University of Maryland, School of Dentistry where she graduated at the top of her class with her Doctorate of Dental Surgery degree. Dr. Doppel moved to the beautiful Northwest from her home state of Maryland to complete her Master of Science in Dentistry, Orthodontics from the University of Washington in 1990.
A Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, Dr. Doppel feels it is important to integrate state-of-the-art technology with evidence-based scientific knowledge and maintains memberships in many professional organizations to keep up-to-date. She has published articles in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, and The Angle Orthodontist. Dr. Doppel was the first woman to be admitted into the Northwest Component of the prestigious Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists. Her research on maxillary superimposition techniques has been cited by the American Board of Orthodontics and is the current method recommended in their directions for submission of records for Board Certification.
Along with running her own practice, Dr. Doppel has returned to teaching as an Affiliate Associate Professor in the Department of Orthodontics at the University of Washington. She also volunteers her time and talents to Smiles Change Lives, an organization that donates orthodontic services to deserving children from low-income families who otherwise cannot afford treatment. She diligently serves her patients with compassion, commitment to excellence, and dedication to lifelong continuing education and learning.
In her free time, Dr. Doppel enjoys spending time with her family, snorkeling, skiing, playing the piano and making jewelry.
Patients truly love coming to Pacific Orthodontics and being seen by Dr. Doppel.
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Dental Society
- GORGAS Odontological Academic Honor Society
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Washington State Society of Orthodontists
- Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Seattle King County Dental Society
- Northwest Orthodontic Study Group
- Bolender Prosthodontic Study Group